Happy Sunday Friends,
As I type this, the house is pretty silent… minus the slight snore I hear from Emma and Rex, the two dogs. It seems in the last three months our lives have been quite “noisy” on a lot of levels. From the chatter in my own brain to the constant medical conversations, it’s nice to have a little peace on a Sunday. I sure hope you too can find some today.
I’m writing this to you today, actually more directly, to one of my girlfriends, since the 144 character text just couldn’t do it justice. We were texting back and forth about Jackson’s health and how he was doing. She asked me, “How do you get through this, everyday?”
I texted back, “I believe…”
“In what”, she responded.
At this point, Jackson came in and requested a bubble bath (he seems to love them these days), so back into mommy-mode I went. I told her I would write back, so here goes (just for all of you to read too):
- I believe… in the power of our friends and family thinking and praying for us. Thank you. Everyone.
- I believe… Jackson will be healed.
- I believe… that Fight On is the only way right now.
- I believe… my sons are the most incredible, kind, handsome little boys.
- I believe … bald is beautiful on a 9 year old.
- I believe… there’s a doctor/scientist out there, maybe still in school, that’s gonna find a cure. I know it.
- I believe… in the healing powers of a bubble baths.
- I believe… hearing my sons playing in the pool is better than any sound I could listen to.
- I believe… children like Jackson and our new friend Jessie, are the strongest people in the world. They have much to teach us.
- I believe … in the light of my family, lifting us up.
- I believe … in the good doctors’ wisdom and talent who have my son’s life in their hands.
- I believe … that there are good people all over this world.
- I believe… you’re in this fight with us and that means everything.
- I believe… in fun. No matter what. No matter how bad.
- I believe… reaching out to those in need is the right thing to do.
- I believe … in doing whatever it takes to bring a smile to his face.
- I believe … in miracles.
- I believe …in the dreams of my kids.
- I believe …prayers can be answered.
- I believe… we will get a call one day and hear the words, “cancer free.”
So, I believe. That’s it. I believe.
Fight On Friends!
P.S.Keep telling your friends about Jackson. It means more than I could ever tell you! Your support, kindness and words… thank you. www.fightonjackson.com