Raindrops on Roses and Wiskers on Kittens … Well, Kinda…
Happy Wednesday Friends!
Hope this posting finds you doing well… we are headed into the homestretch of this week’s radiation. Two days left for the week, then hopefully, only three more weeks longer in this round.
Yep, my new normal. Counting the calendar by the day’s of radiation left. (Every survivor/fighter or mom of someone understands, I am sure.)
So, Jackson and I were hanging out in the kitchen this morning, juicing something yummy for him to drink and I took this photo (let’s hope I post this up right, remember I’m new with all this stuff…)
Yep, that’s “dance class” in a home with two boys. (Yes, long ago I fantasied about having a little girl, pigtails and pink and all the “fun” we would have in dance class. Then two handsome boys came into our lives and I “tapped” out so to speak. Dreams of sugarplum fairies now just dance in MY head. I leave the ballet and shimmer to all of you mommies of girls.)
Back to “dance class” in the Panzarello home.
Jackson looked at me as I was taking this picture and said, “Mom, this is one of my favorite things. Hanging out and playing with my dog Rex!”
The exuberance and happiness in his tone sounded sososoosos good! It made my heart sing.
I said, “Jax, let’s have some fun. Let’s list out all of the things that are your favorite that make you happy, so when things sometime get a little not-so-fun around here, we can remember the list we made, in “dance class” with Rex.”
So here goes … Jackson’s List of Favorite Things. (Typed by me, but dictated by him, word for word, might I add.)
- Walking the golf course with dad and Willis
- Looking at trains to dream about buying one day with Grandpa. Along with spending hours on train websites with him.
- Picking up Lego toys at Target for Willis to build and then we play with.
- Swimming with Rex, well actually doing everything with Rex. And Emma, she’s fun too.
- Watching sports on TV, especially Sports Center, football, and NASCAR. Golf is good too. Just depends on who’s playing.
- Going out to eat lunch with you mommy, especially sushi and at the golf course
- Playing football in the front yard. I am really good at passing now. And drills.
- Going on bike rides.
- Helping Willis with his homework.
- Helping in the yard and watching the flowers grow. You are doing a good job out there mom, they look nice I think. Maybe we could water today?
- Reading my Facebook fan page, at least like 20 times a day.
- Trying to smile at my radiation appointment when I walk in, to all of the older people there, since they usually look so not happy. I think it helps them, dontcha think?
- Giving you help on what to wear mom.
- Dreaming of what I will be someday with you and dad.
- Hoping you like my future wife (yes, he really said that… how cute, right?)
- Playing at the beach in Laguna Beach with Unlce John. Mom, does he still have that sand truck I like. Can you call Auntie Lauren on that one? I don’t see it around here.
- Tasting and helping Grandma with her cakes for me.
- Seeing my friends at school.
- Christmastime and my birthday.
- USC games and stuff with Dad.
- Painting canvases for you
And there my friends you have it. Jackson’s Favorite Things. Move over Oprah, this 9 year old boy’s got quite the list!
Anyways, making this list with him made ME happy too. Remembering the small things, the things that REALLY matter to Jackson is what we focus on. I am so proud of him. Getting through this treatment cycle, still able to see all of the good out there.
I hope you can see it to, everyday!
Fight On Jackson, Fight On Baby!